Have you ever thought of relocating your SBI account branch to another location online? Earlier, when we moved to another location, one of the biggest tasks was to shift the home branch of the bank account, and for that, we had to follow the long process like updating of address in Aadhaar card and then, adding it to a bank account and other important documents. This requires frequent visits to bank branches and often, takes a lot of time. However, to avoid such inconvenience to the customers, State Bank of India has introduced an online system. Now you can transfer your SBI account from one branch to another branch by just logging in to your account.
Online transfer of bank account is only possible when your account is KYC compliant and your mobile number is registered with the bank. The person must have access to SBI net banking.
Here are steps to transfer your SBI account from one branch to another
1. Click on www.onlinesbi.com and Log in to ‘personal banking’ account by entering your username and password.
2. Select the option ‘e-Services’ on the top menu bar of your home screen.
3. Select the option “Transfer of Savings Account”
4. Select the account number you wish to transfer in case of more accounts.
5. Enter the branch code to which you want to transfer your account. make sure you confirm the branch name which will be auto-populated. Then accept the terms and conditions and submit.
6. Verify the account transfer details using the existing branch code and the new branch code. Once it is done you will get an OTP on your registered mobile number.
7. enter the OTP and click on the option ‘confirm’. You will get a confirmation message saying ‘Your branch transfer request has been successfully registered’.
The process of transferring the bank account branch will happen within one week.