Kohima, March 17 (NEx): The Fire & Emergency Services informed that one Saw Mill along with Machinery, Furniture log, Generator and Heat Chamber were gutted by fire and property worth Rs. 25 Lakhs approximately was lost in the inferno today, March 17th, 2021.
The RO(E) (F&ES) Kenny Khing said that a fire call was received at 02:21 am on Tuesday, March 17th, 2021 from 7th Mile, Near Ashok Leyland Showroom, Dimapur.
Accordingly, Fire & Emergency Services team from Fire Station Chümoukedima, Fire Station Dimapur (Central) and Fire Station Dimapur (West) proceeded to control the fire and Six Fire Tenders alongwith sufficient equipments & Fire Personnel were pressed into action.
One Saw Mill along with Machinery, Furniture log, Generator and Heat Chamber and property worth Rs.25 Lakhs approximately were lost in the inferno but due to timely information and response, the fire was controlled and prevented from spreading to the surrounding Labour Quarters.
The RO said that property worth Rs.5 Lakhs approximately could be salvaged and it took the Fire Team 10 hours to combat the fire.
The cause of fire is suspected to be from electrical short circuit and no casualty is reported. The response team was led by Duty Commander SI C Baushong Phom, ASI K Hito Zhimomi, ASI T Jonaba, Khing said.