Dimapur, May 04 (NE): Poisonous Mushrooms claims lives of 12 year old boy and mother at Yimza Village, in Bhandari circle of Wokha district.
A DIPR report said that a family of four members at Bhandari town from Yimza Village, consumed wild ground Mushrooms which turned out to be poisonous and were admitted to Christian Medical Centre (CMC) Vankhosung, Wokha on Sunday, May 03, 2020.
The 12 year old son, a student of class 7 was stated to have died yesterday evening, May 03, 2020 and the mother Wobeni Kikon died today, May 04, 2020.
Managing Director, (MD) CMC, Dr. Rilanthung Odyuo stated that the father and his older son are presently in a stable condition and are under care, added the report.
The father, Yihamo Kikon stated that they consumed the unsuspecting ground mushroom on the evening of April 29, 2020.