Peren, February 16 (NEx): One Katcha House with household belongings were gutted in fire and property worth Rs.3.58 Lakhs approximately was lost at Dungki Village under Peren district.
The R.O(E) Fire & Emergency Services, Kenny Khing informed that a Fire call was received at 02:00 pm on February 15th, 2021 from Dungki Village, Jalukie area, Peren district.
Accordingly, Fire & Emergency Services team from Fire Station Jalukie proceeded to control the fire and Fire Tenders along with sufficient Equipments & Fire Personnel were pressed into action.
One Katcha House with household belongings were gutted in the inferno and property worth Rs.3.58 Lakhs approximately was lost, the RO informed.
However, due to timely information and response, the fire was controlled and prevented from spreading further to the surrounding houses and it took the Fire team 30 minutes to combat the fire.
The cause of fire is suspected to be from electrical short circuit and there was no casualty. The response team was led by Duty Commander ASI Kevichütuo Zumvü, Khing said.