Dimapur, October 11 (NEx): One kutcha house, an Alto LXI car and cash amount of Rs. 4.50 lakhs along with other household properties worth rupees 2 Lakhs was lost in a fire breakout at Chumoukedima, near 15 IR Camp Mahila on Saturday evening.
Dy. SP, Fire & Emergency Services, GoN, T. Shilu Jamir informed that, on receiving a Fire call at 5:16 pm on October 10, 2020 at Chumoukedima, near 15 IR Camp Mahila, Fire & Emergency Services mobilized a quick response team from Fire Station Chumoukedima to control the fire.
Accordingly, Two Fire Tenders along with sufficient Equipments & Fire Personnel pressed into action. One Kutcha kitchen with four Rooms, an Alto LXI car and cash amounting to rupees 4.50 Lakhs along with other household Property worth rupees 2 Lakhs was lost in the inferno.
However, timely response from Fire Personnel prevented the fire from spreading. It took the fire team 37 minutes to combat the Fire.
There was no casualty and the cause of fire is due to electrical short circuit. The response team was led by Duty Commander ASI, Thangpong Khiamniungan, he informed.