Nagaland

One kitchen and building gutted at Seiuruzha Ward-8, Chumoukedima

One building and kitchen gutted at Seiuruzha Ward-8, Chumoukedima
(Fire Personnel dousing off fire at Seiuruzha Ward-8, Chumoukedima)

Kohima, June 06 (NE): The Fire and Emergency services continue to attend the call of duty amidst the COVID-19 pandemic crisis in the state. A fire breakout reported under Chumukedima was contained and prevented from a major accident by timely intervention of Fire and Emergency Services department today.

The Fire Department reported a fire incident at Chumukedima on June 06, 2020. The department on receiving a fire call at 9:05 am from Seiuruzha Ward-8, Chumoukedima, mobilised a quick response team from Fire Station Chumoukedima.

Fire Personnel reached the incident site at 9:12 am. Two Fire Tenders along with sufficient equipments and Fire Personnel rushed to the spot and contained the fire within 35 minutes, informed a press release from Fire and Emergency Services department.

It was reported that one Kitchen was completely razed down and Kutcha Houses were partially damaged during the inferno. Property worth 4 Lakhs approximately was lost in the fire incident. However, timely intervention of fire personnel managed to put the fire under control and prevented from further spreading to adjoining areas.

The response team led by Duty Commander ASI Thangpong Khiamniungan, confirmed that the cause of the fire is due to drying of Pork Meat and no casualty was reported.

error: Copyright © NagalandExpress!