Kohima, June 05 (NEx): The Naga People’s Front Legislature Party (NPF-LP) on Saturday called the press conference conducted by the Minister for Health & Family Welfare, S Pangnyu Phom as ‘Historic’. The Health Minister was assisted by Principal Secretary Mr. Bhatia IAS and Principal Director Dr. Neikhrielie Khimiao, in the press conference which was held on Friday, June 4th, 2021.
The NPF Legislature Party, Spokesperson, Imkong L Imchen, in a statement said that the historic press conference called by the State Health & Family Welfare Minister and officials have perhaps re-postured from the Chief Minister stated position that a 176 bedded hospital will be constructed at CIHSR Hospital Dimapur on May 25, 2021.
The Principal Director H&FW stated on June 2nd, 2021 that a Make-shift (Tentage) COVID Hospital will be erected. Further again, on June 4th, 2021 in its “Historic” press conference the Principal Secretary H&FW stated that a pre-engineered Acute Care Hospital having intake capacity of 200 beds including 24 bedded paediatric ICU ward will be constructed, it stated.
‘It is evident that on this “Historic” press conference all the three mentioned officials have avoided the money involved (Rs. 30 crores). The reason best known to them for not mentioning the money figure of Rs. 30 crores. The people of Nagaland are intelligent enough to know their tricks anyway,’ it said.
Further, NPFLP questioned whether the CIHSR Hospital is already taken over by the Govt. of Nagaland to spend such a huge amount of money in a Private Hospital.
– If yes, when was it taken over and under what authority? The Cabinet, Assembly or by any other public ordinance?
– If this CIHSR Hospital is already owned by the Govt. of Nagaland then what is the legal position of the MOU entered between the Govt. of Nagaland, Christian Medical College & Hospital Vellore and Emmanuel Hospital Association on 27th May 2005?
– If it has to be a Govt. Hospital what would be the staffing structure, funding and management? Because like any other Govt. Hospitals the staff salaries have to be borne by the State having duly created the posts with financial cognate concurrence.
– According to the “Historic” press conference Statement, there is no specific time-frame for the completion of the hospital and therefore what would be the fate of the COVID-19 infected patients before its completion? Because there is no fund allocation to the various District Hospitals to treat the COVID patients so far.
– Whether proper and formal Tender Notice was advertised in mass-media inviting Bidders for the construction of this hospital? If so, in which newspapers it was published and when?
‘If the answers to the above rendered questions are “NO” then the Chief Minister, Minister H&FW, Principal Secretary H&FW and Principal Director H&FW are liable for Criminal Prosecution for misappropriating Public money and misleading the People of the State for no cause, NPFLP stated.
The NPF Legislature Party as true representatives of the people is giving this clarion call in the larger interest of public service and also calling upon the Government of the day to maintain transparency and accountability while occupying the public office, it added.