Kohima, December 29 (NEx): The National Investigation Agency (NIA) on Tuesday filed a charge sheet before the NIA special court Nagaland, Dimapur, in the case of extortion by NSCN (IM).
NIA press release on Tuesday stated that, chargesheet has been filed against five (5) accused persons;
(1) SS Col. (NSCN-IM) Rayilung Nsarangbe @ Pela NsaZeme,
(2) SS Pvt. (NSCN-IM) Lamcilralu @ Keyilamcilunglralu,
(3) Zingshongam Muinao @ Zingsho,
(4) Ruth Chawang @ Ruth Zeliang and
(5) Ramningle Pame @ Ramning, in connection with the FIR registered at Diphupar police station under Dimapur district in Nagaland on July 05, 2020 under various sections of the law.
‘The case relates to the recovery of Rs. 1,58,72,800/- along with illegal arms, ammunition, explosives, and incriminating documents from the residential premises of SS Col. (NSCN-IM) Rayilung Nsarangbe and his wife Ruth Chawang,’ NIA said.
NIA stated that the investigation of the case has revealed well organized racket by NSCN (IM) involving criminal intimidation of various companies undertaking road construction products in Manipur. The developmental funds of the Govt have been illegally diverted in an organized manner and collected by NSCN (IM) operative through extortion by committing a terrorist Act punishable under UA(P) Act.
NIA investigation has further revealed that NSCN-IM has also laundered the proceeds of terrorism onto various financial instruments and real estate investments in the process of layering of the exported fund, it added.
The accused Ramningle Pame is an elected member of Autonomous Council of Tamenglong district in Manipur and has been assisting NSCN-IM in collection of the extortion amount demanded by them, NIA said.
Further investigation in the case continues, NIA added.