Kohima, March 23 (NE): News bulletin from various sources and press releases by NagalandExpress on March 23, 2020 are as follows:
1. Number of Coronavirus cases rise to 468 in India. No positive case in North East so far.
The Number of coronavirus cases rise to 468 in India as on Monday, March 23, 2020, 08:15 pm. Out of the total cases, 35 patients have been cured and discharged. Death toll rises to nine, says ICMR.
2. Health Minister visits entry points and railway station at Dimapur.
Minister for Health and Family Welfare, S Pangnyu Phom visited isolation ward at District Hospital Dimapur, Dimapur railway station and entry points under Dimapur district, today March 23, 2020.
Minster instructed the medical personnel and volunteers to strictly maintain social distance and hygiene in all the hospitals and scanning booths.
3. Govt issues circulation on exception from partial lock-down
In continuation of the Government Order the following are also exempted from the purview of the restrictions notified:
– IOC and all other Petroleum PSUs, FCI, Home Guards & Civil Defence, BSNL, all Private Telecom and Internet Service Providers and their technical/field staff.
– LPG Dealers and their delivery, Private water tankers/carriers, Ongoing road construction works.
– Vehicles transporting road construction materials and equipments.
4. Spitting of Pan/Tamul etc banned in public places
The COVID-19 pandemic has brought to the fore the importance of Hygiene and Cleanliness in both personal as well as public spheres and that it is of utmost need to impose restrictions on unhealthy habits that may potentially lead to spread of such viruses and other infections. The habit of public spitting poses a serious threat to the spread of such infections.
Therefore, in the interest of the Public Health and safety, the spitting of Paan/Tamul, Sputum, etc. in public places & institutions has been BANNED with immediate effect. Violators will be punished in accordance to relevant Laws, it added.
5. Govt. of India bans domestic Flights from Tomorrow Midnight Till March 31, 2020
The Ministry of Civil Aviation has announced that no domestic commercial airlines shall fly with effect from the midnight that is 11:59 pm on March 24 till the midnight of March 31. Airlines have to plan operations so as to land at their destination before the given time on the given date. The restrictions, however, shall not apply to cargo-carrying flights.
6. Naga Students’ Federation informs
The Naga Students’ Federation (NSF) in compliance with the government directive and in our sincere effort to restrict the spread of Corona Virus (Covid-19), the office of the NSF shall remain closed to the general public from 24th March to 12th April 2020. However, the day-to-day functioning of the federation shall remain unaffected. In case of any grievances facing the students’ community and the general public, the following officials shall be available to assist them and provide necessary assistance during this critical period, said a press release issued today, March 23, 2020.