Dimapur, March 12 (NE): News bulletin from various sources and press releases by NagalandExpress on March 12, 2020 are as follows:
1. Nagaland CM Neiphiu Rio calls on N. K. Singh, IAS, Chairman, 15th Finance Commission of IndiaNagaland CM Neiphiu Rio, along with senior officials Govt. of Nagaland, called on Chairman N. K. Singh, IAS, 15th Finance Commission of India, today, March 12, 2020.
Thanking the Commission for the recommendations, CM Rio sought special dispensation for the projects, particularly for agro-processing and an airstrip in the state capital.
The CM, while appreciating the revenue constraints, handed over a memorandum on behalf of the State. These interactions are useful to further appreciate the problems of the North East States, said a social media notification by Finance Commission of India.
2. Sanuorü subway road to remain closed on March 14-15, 2020
Kohima Traffic Police has informed that in view of the road maintenance work at Sanuorü subway by the Public Works Departments (Road and Bridges), the subway road will remain closed for vehicular movements on 14th and 15th of this month. In this regard, the Superintendent of Police, Kohima has directed all vehicles proceeding towards New Secretariat and vice versa to take diversion from Tinpatti – Don Bosco – Billy Graham road during the maintenance work.
3. State level Workshop on Digital MSME at AMK Hall
A State Level Workshop on ‘Digital MSME’ a scheme to make MSME (Micro, small & medium enterprises) digitally empowered and motivate them to adopt ICT Tools and applications in their production and business process will be held on March 13, 2020 at AMK Hall near DC Office Kohima from 10:00 am onwards to be organised by the CSC E-Governance Services India Limited.
Presentation of Government Scheme for facilitation of MSME Sector will be made by EE, Industries and Commerce, Er. Asenla Walling while Assistant Director, MSME-DI, Dimapur, Sabarigiri M will take a session on Features and benefits of GeM portal for MSME Segment. Other sessions includes Ushering of New Era of Digital MSME, Introduction to Banking System & Utilization of Banking Services MSME Units, Introduction of UAM: Need/Benefits/Process and Digital MSME Scheme, CSC and HDFC Bank Joint Initiative, a DIPR report said.
4. IGAR (North) calls on Governor of NagalandOn the verge of relinquishing his tenure as Inspector General Assam Rifles (North), Maj. Gen. Pradeep C Nair, AVSM, YSM, accompanied by his spouse Mrs Pushpa Nair called on Mr and Mrs RN Ravi, Hon’ble Governor on March 12, 2020.
The General Officer thanked the Hon’ble Governor for the unflinching support and faith reposed on IGAR (North) that facilitated prompt action in addressing Security and administrative matters. The General Officer also assured the Hon’ble Governor of continued assistance from the Army and Assam Rifles to the people of Nagaland for achieving lasting peace, development and prosperity in the State.
5. ENPO resolved not to “extend public co-operation” to any national red-letter event henceforth
The Eastern Nagaland Peoples’ Organisation (ENPO) has resolved not to “extend public co-operation” to any national red-letter event henceforth over lack of seriousness from the part of the Indian government to grant its demand for a separate state.
A notification on March Twelve said that this was one of the resolutions passed at its central executive council (CEC) meeting held on March 10, 2020 in Mon.
The house resolved to intensify and strengthen its demand for a separate state and to form Eastern Nagaland Youth Front (ENYF).
On the Naga political issue, it reiterated “its fullest support and co-operation for an early peaceful and lasting Naga Political solution but resolved not to accept any solution which may appear to be detrimental to the peace and unity of the people of eastern Nagaland”.
6. Lecture on drug free NagalandZunheboto Battalion of Assam Rifles under the aegis of HQ IGAR (North) conducted an awareness lecture on ‘Drug Free Nagaland’ at Chendang Saddle village, Tuensang district on March 11, 2020.
The aim of conducting the awareness lecture was to educate the youth about the health hazard connected with drug use. How drug abuse imposes emotional, social and financial burdens on family and measures to sensitize young generation to keep from the evils of drug use was covered in detail. 26 residents to include village functionaries and Pastor attended the lecture.