Kohima, April 07 (NE): News bulletin from various sources and press releases by NagalandExpress on April 07, 2020 are as follows:
1. Number of Coronavirus cases rise to 4312 in India
The Number of coronavirus cases rise to 4312 in India as on Tuesday, April 07, 2020, 06:00 pm. Out of the total cases, 352 patients have been cured and discharged. Death toll rises to 124, says ICMR.
2. Wokha Border sealed due to Covid-19
Taking advantage of COVID-19 pandemic outbreak, drug peddlers and substance abusers frequently visit Assam for purchase and consumption.
To curb such illegal activities Deputy Commissioner, cum Wokha District Task Force for COVID-19, has informed all Lotha villages bordering Assam to totally seal their areas and control such activities.
DC further informed that all the village council chairman are to act according to their village customary laws and law of the lands and to strictly enforce and curb such illegal activities in their own areas and strict action should be initiated against the violators.
3. DC Dimapur issues advisory on Social distancing
Dimapur Anoop Khinchi in an official letter addressed to ADS, Food & Civil Supplies, Dimapur, informed the re-opening of Fair Price Shops in Dimapur with effect from April 06, 2020 from 7:00 am to 4:00 pm. DC further requested the ADS to direct the FPS to maintain social distancing of atleast one metre at all times.
4. Distribution of food items to every household of Rengma villages and towns under Tseminyu, Nagaland by Ar. Loguseng Semp, Ex Candidate, 12th A/C.
5. In continuation to the much needed assistance and relief provided by the Government of Nagaland, Peren district administration contributed rice, dal, potatoes and salt, today, April 07, 2020 to 15 students and more than 60 migrants stranded at Peren town.