Kohima, October 01 (NEx): A meeting with all the Nodal Officers in connection with the forthcoming By-Election to the 14 Southern Angami I Assembly Constituency 2020 was held at DC’s Conference Hall Kohima on September 30, 2020.
Chairing the meeting, Deputy Commissioner and District Election Officer Kohima, Gregory Thejawelie NCS apprised the Officers on the conduct of the By-Election to be held on November 03, 2020 and the election process. Gregory said that the meeting was convened to ensure preparedness for the smooth conduct of the By-Election.
The DC encouraged the assigned Officers to be well versed with the instructions/guidelines given by the Election Commission and to execute their roles and responsibilities in a systematic manner during the Election process. He also called upon the Officers to give their best efforts in their respective assigned duties with right approach to ensure free, fair and successful conduct of the By-Election.
Assistant Election Officer Kohima, Toshimeren also highlighted on the work distribution for conducting the By-Election. With regard to Postal Ballot, he informed that because of COVID pandemic the Commission has given special provision for elderly people who are eighty plus years of age/suspected people or positive people to franchise their votes through Postal Ballot. He also informed on other new guidelines on mobile App, general management, polling personnel etc for the conduct of the By-Election as instructed by the Election Commission.
The following are the Nodal Officers appointed for the forthcoming By-Election to the 14 Southern Angami- I Assembly Constituency, 2020;
1. Manpower/Personnel and Training Management- Daniel Angami, SDO (C) Kohima
2. Control Room and Complaint Management- Neibou Angami, Superintendent DC Office
3. Transport Management- Shaying Sheu, SDO (C) Sadar, Assisted by DTO (Transport) and DPO (LR)
4. EVM- Lithrongla Tongpi Rutsa, ADC HQ and Vineikho Tetso EAC Kezocha
5. MCC- Kelevituo Nisa, RO Kohima
6. Postal Ballot/ETPBMS- Tiayanger, SDO (C) Sechü-Zubza
7. Dispatch/Receiving of Polling Parties- Daniel Angami, SDO(C) Kohima
8. Dashboard/Poll Day SMS Monitoring- Temsunaro, Addl.DIO NIC Kohima
9. Election Expenditure Monitoring- Kevi Hibo, Asst. Manager State Co-Operative Bank
10. Counting- Toshimeren Aier, AEO Kohima, Assisted by CAWD
11. IT Applications- J.G Lorin, DIO (NIC)
12. Polling Material- R. Toshimeren Aier, AEO Kohima
13. Observers- Vineikho Tetso, EAC Kezocha
14. Medical- Dr. Vzokholu Theyo, CMO kohima
(News source: DIPR)