Dimapur, November 13 (NEx): One house was gutted in a major fire breakout at Netaji Colony, Dimapur on Thursday, November 12, 2020. Though casualties were not reported, property worth approximately Rs 3 lacs was lost in the inferno.
Kenny Khing, R. O (E), Fire & Emergency Services, Nagaland informed that on receiving a fire call from Netaji Colony, Dimapur, at 02:30 pm on November 12, 2020, Fire & Emergency Services mobilized a quick response team from Fire Station Dimapur (Central) to control the fire.
Two Fire Tenders along with sufficient Equipments and Fire Personnels were pressed into action to contain the fire breakout. One house was gutted in the inferno. Property worth Rs. 3 Lakhs approximately was lost in the inferno, Khing informed.
‘It took the fire team 50 Minutes to combat the Fire breakout. However, due to timely response from the Fire Team, property worth 1.50 Lakhs could be salvaged and also prevented the fire from spreading,’ he stated.
Khing also informed that the cause of the fire is electric short circuit. The response team was led by Duty Commander, Inspector Y.Yohan Konyak, he added.