Dimapur, September 17 (NEx): A fire breakout reported at Industrial Village Razhuphe, Dimapur, gutted a house and caused approximately rupees 1.5 lakh worth property loss.
Dy. SP, Fire & Emergency Services, GoN, T. Shilu Jamir informed that, on receiving Fire call at 1:27 pm, today, September 17, 2020 from Industrial Village Razhuphe, Near D.C Court Office, Dimapur, the Fire & Emergency Services mobilized a quick response team from Fire Station Dimapur (West) to control the fire.
Accordingly, two Fire Tenders along with sufficient Equipments & Fire Personnel were pressed into action. Approximately INR 1.50 lakhs property was lost in the inferno, Jamir informed.
However, due to timely response from Fire Personnel, properties worth over INR 1 Crore approximately could be salvaged and prevented the fire from spreading and also two gas cylinders from explosion, if not it would be devastating, he added.
There was no casualty and the cause of fire is due to electrical short circuit. The response team was led by Duty Commander S.I Thungathung T Shitiri.