Nagaland

House Gutted By Fire At Samziuram ‘B’ Block, Jalukie

House Gutted At Samziuram ‘B’ Block, Jalukie

Kohima, February 23 (NEx): A Katcha House along with household belongings were gutted by fire and property worth Rs. 1.50 Lakhs approximately was lost at Samziuram ‘B’ Block Jalukie, under Peren district on Monday.

The R.O(E) (F&ES), Kenny Khing in a press release informed that the Fire & Emergency Services received a Fire call at 04:48 pm on February 22nd, 2021 from Samziuram ‘B’ Block Jalukie.

Accordingly, F&ES team from Fire Station Jalukie proceeded to control the fire and Fire Tenders along with sufficient Equipments & Fire Personnel were pressed into action.

One Katcha House along with household belongings were gutted in the inferno and property worth ₹1.50 Lakhs approximately was lost. But due to timely information and response, the fire was controlled and prevented from spreading to the surrounding houses and property worth ₹50,000 could be salvaged, the RO said.

The cause of fire is suspected to be from electrical short circuit, there was no casualty. The response team was led by Duty Commander F/M Seikhojang Kuki, it said.