Kohima, September 10 (NE): The Home Department, Government of Nagaland has issued the following advisory as a preventive measure against possible influx of illegal immigrants in the State:
- All entry points/check gates manned by the Police should be suitably strengthened to prevent any possible influx of illegal immigrants and mobile patrolling in vulnerable locations should be activated in the respective jurisdictions.
- Non-locals entering the State should not be allowed without the valid pass issued by the District Administration and any unusual influx of outsiders without valid pass should be promptly brought to the knowledge of the District Administration.
- All the Village/Town/Municipal Authorities are to take measures to strictly monitor the influx of people from outside the state in violation of the existing rules/norms.
- The antecedents of any new incoming tenants should be properly checked and verified by the District Administration and Police.
- The District Administration and Police are to strictly monitor the regulation of ILP, especially along the Border Areas.
(News Source: DIPR)