Kohima, July 27: Govt. of Nagaland notifies on creation of Register of Indigenous Inhabitants of Nagaland (RIIN)
Pertaining to the views, opinions and concerns of the various sections of the society and tribal bodies of Nagaland on matters to the exercise of RIIN, govt. Of Nagaland held several meetings with tribal bodies, society groups and representatives of various communities of the state.
According to a notification issued by the Govt, it has come up with a 3-member commission under the chairmanship of Smti. Banuo Z. Jamir,IAS (retd), to study, examine, recommend and advise on issues relating to RIIN.
Shri. T. Kiheto Sema, IAS (retd) and Shri. C. Shingwang Konyak are elected as members of the committee whereas, Justice Zelre Angami (retd) will function as the advisor to the commission.
Home Commissioner and Commissioner Nagaland would be the ex-officio member secretary and member respectively.
The commission would look into matters relating to:
– Eligibility criteria to be an Indigenous Inhabitant.
– Authenticate claims of being Indigenous,
– Place of registration as Indigenous Inhabitants,
– Basis of claims of being indigenous,
– Nature of documents that will be acceptable as proof for being Indigenous.