Dimapur, November 16 (NEx): Four houses were gutted in a major fire breakout at Purana Bazar, Dimapur, on Monday, November 16, 2020, leaving 14 Families Homeless. Property worth 40 Lakhs approximately was lost in the inferno.
Kenny Khing, R. O (E), Fire & Emergency Services, Nagaland informed that on receiving a fire call from Purana Bazar, near Hollohon Petrol Pump, Dimapur at 12:30 pm on November 16, 2020, Fire & Emergency Services mobilized a quick response team from Fire Station Dimapur (Central) and Fire Station Dimapur (West) to control the fire.
Four Fire Tenders along with sufficient Equipments & Fire Personnel were pressed into action. Four Kutcha houses were gutted in the inferno, leaving 14 Families Homeless. Property worth 40 Lakhs approximately was lost in the inferno, Khing informed.
It took the Fire Team one and half hours to combat the Fire. However, due to timely response from Fire Team, property worth 20 Lakhs could be salvaged and prevented LPG cylinders from explosion and also from further spreading of the fire to the surrounding areas.
There was no casualty reported and the cause of fire is due to electric short circuit. The response team was led by Duty Commander, S.I Kelesezo Tsükrü and ASI K.Hito Zhimomi, he added.