Nagaland

House gutted in fire at Mon Town, approx. Rs 10 lacs worth property loss

A fire breakout reported at Jahjan Ward, Mon Town, gutted a house and caused approximately rupees 10 Lakhs worth property loss in the inferno.
(Fire Personnel seen fighting fire at Jahjan Ward, Mon Town)

Kohima, October 10 (NEx): A fire breakout reported at Jahjan Ward, Mon Town, gutted a house and caused approximately rupees 10 Lakhs worth property loss in the inferno.

Dy. SP, Fire & Emergency Services, GoN, T. Shilu Jamir informed that, on receiving Fire call at 8:50 am today, October 10, 2020 from Jahjan Ward, Mon Town, the Fire & Emergency Services mobilized a quick response team from Fire Station Mon to control the fire.

Accordingly, two Fire Tenders along with sufficient Equipments & Fire Personnel were pressed into action. Approximately rupees 10 Lakhs worth property was lost in the inferno, Jamir informed.

However, due to timely response from Fire Personnel, properties worth over INR 20 Lakhs could be salvaged and prevented fire from spreading, he added.

There was no casualty and the cause of fire is due to electrical short circuit, reported the rescue team. The response team was led by Duty Commander ASI Dennis Singson.