Dimapur, December 17 (NEx): Total restriction of all movement has been imposed along National Highway – 29, between Chathe River bridge (Patkai Bridge) to Kukidolong for 46 hours from December 19, 2020, 07:00 am.
The Deputy Commissioner of Dimapur Rajesh Soundararajan, IAS in a circular on December 16, stated that, on the directive of the Gauhati High Court, Kohima Bench for blockage of traffic movement at Pagala Pahar area, there will be total restriction of all movement from Chathe River Bridge (Patkai Bridge) to Kukidolong on the following days, starting December 19, 2020.
1. From 7 AM on December 19th till 5 AM on December 21st, 2020
2. From 7 AM on January 9th till 5 AM on January 11th, 2021
3. From 7 AM on January 16th till 5 AM on January 18th, 2021
4. From 7 AM on January 23rd till 5 AM on January 25th, 2021
5. From 7 AM on January 30th till 5 AM on February 1st, 2021
6. From 7 AM on February 6th till 5 AM on February 8th, 2021
7. From 7 AM on February 13th till 5 AM on February 15th, 2021
He said that there will be 46 hours total restriction of all movement from Chathe River Bridge (Patkai bridge) to Kukidolong from 07:00 am on December 19, 2020 (Saturday) till 05:00 am on December 21, 2020 (Monday) to facilitate the progress of the four-lane construction works and in the interest of public safety.
The DC further mentioned that the restriction is necessitated to facilitate speedy completion of the road works and as a precautionary measure to prevent any injury, loss of life and damage to property.
DC also advised the general public to take the alternative route from Dimapur to Kohima / Kohima to Dimapur for light vehicles only, which is available via 7th Mile – New DC office – Shokhuvi – Razaphe – Mhaikam – Pimla – Mhainamtsi – Jhornapani / Medziphema and vice versa.