Nagaland

Dimapur: 123 Houses Gutted, Man Charred To Death By Fire At Burma Camp

Dimapur: 123 Houses Gutted, Man Charred To Death By Fire At Burma Camp

Dimapur, April 29 (NEx): 25 year old man was charred to death and a total of 123 katcha houses along with household properties were gutted in a devastating fire at Burma Camp, Dimapur, on Thursday, April 29, 2021. Property worth ₹50/-Lakhs approximate was lost in the Inferno, reported Fire and Emergency services department.

The R.O (E) Fire & Emergency Services, Kenny Khing informed that on receiving fire call at 12:10 am on April 29th, 2021 from Burma Camp, Dimapur, the Fire & Emergency Services team from Fire Station Dimapur (Central) and Fire Station Dimapur (West) proceeded to control the fire. Four Fire Tenders along with sufficient Equipments & Fire Personnel were pressed into action.

A 25 year old male was charred to death and a total of 123 katcha houses along with household properties were gutted in the inferno and property worth ₹50/-Lakhs approximate was lost, Khing informed.

However, due to intervention of Firefighters, the fire was controlled and prevented from spreading further and property worth ₹80 lakhs/- approximately and surrounding houses could be salvaged.

The RO also said that it took the Fire Team 3 hours to combat the fire and the cause of fire could not be ascertained. Fire response team was led by Duty Commander SI Bonom Konyak and SI Thungathung T. Shitiri.

Fire at Duncan, Dimapur:

(Fire fighters fighting to put off the fire at Duncan, Dimapur)

In another fire incident at Duncan, Dimapur, one katcha house along with household properties and one gypsy were gutted in the inferno and property worth ₹4/-Lakhs approximately was lost in the inferno.

The F&ES on receiving fire call at 12:53 pm on April 28th, 2021 from Duncan, Dimapur, the Fire & Emergency Services team from Fire Station Dimapur (west) proceeded to control the fire. Fire Tenders along with sufficient Equipments & Fire Personnel were pressed into action.

One katcha house along with household properties and one gypsy were gutted in the inferno and property worth ₹4/-Lakhs
approximately was lost, Khing said.

However, due to intervention of Firefighters, the fire was controlled and prevented from spreading further and property worth ₹70 lakhs/- approximately and surrounding houses could be salvaged.

The cause of fire is due to kitchen fire from drying of meat and fire response team was led by Duty Commander SI Thungathung T. Shitiri.