Kohima, September 28 (NEx): “Destination NE 2020” a four-day virtual event organized by Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER) kick started on September 27, 2020. The event will witness Nagaland as the Focus State on September 29, 2020 with Chief Minister Neiphiu Rio as the Chief Guest and Advisor for Tourism and Art & Culture Khevohi Yepthomi as the Guest of Honour.
The event with the theme “The Emerging Delightful Destinations” aims at highlighting the region’s various potentials like culture, heritage and business with a special focus on eco-tourism.
The event is scheduled to be streamed from September 27-30, 2020 on the following social media links:
ii) https://www.youtube.com/channel UCiAcijGsdmujrgMUB-zYvA
iii) FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/destnortheast
vi) https://twitter.com/NEC GoI
The programme for Nagaland is as attached below:
Date: September 29, 2020
Time: 12:00 – 13:00 hrs
Focus State: Nagaland
Chief Guest: Neiphiu Rio, Chief Minister
Guest of Honour Khehovi Yepthomi – Advisor, Tourism and Art & Culture
1. Theme Song – 12:00-12:05 hrs (5 mins) : Summer Salt
2. Introduction to the event -12:05-12:07 hrs (2 mins) : Jean Dkhar (Hindi) Janet (English).
3. Welcome Address – 12:07-12:10 hrs (3 mins) : Air Marshal Shri. A. K. Gogoi, PVSM, AVSM, VSM (Retd.), Member, NEC
4. Introducing the state of Nagaland 12:10-12:15 hrs (5 mins) : Welcome by Miss Nagaland and Audio Visual presentation on the tourist attractions of Nagaland.
5. Message from State Icons/ Achievers 12:15-12:20 hrs (5 mins)
i. Chekrovolu Swuro – Olympian Archer
ii. Tetseo Sisters – Singers
6. Introduction to Local entrepreneurs and Virtual Exhibition of Handicraft/ traditional fashion/ & Local Product- 12:20-12:25 hrs (5 mins)
i. Jesmina- Handicraft
ii. Nagaland Honey Bee Mission
iii. Atheli Zimomi- Fashion Designer
7. Message from Guest of Honour 12:25-12:35 hrs (10 mins) Advisor, Tourism and Art & Culture, Nagaland, H. Khehovi Yepthomi
8. Cultural Presentation of Dance & Music- 12:35-12:45 hrs (10 mins) Dances & Music items to be presented:
i. Sumi War dance
ii. Cock Dance
iii. Folk fusion by Abiogenesis
9. Message from Chief Guest 12:45 hrs – Chief Minister, Nagaland Shri Neiphiu Rio
10. Vote of Thanks- L. Beimopha, IRS Deputy Secretary, Admn