Kohima, July 09 (NEx): In an unfortunate incident, on the night of July 8th, 2021 at around 2:00 AM, Old Jalukie Sector-B Baptist Church building was gutted by fire which is suspected to have been caused by an electrical short circuit.
The incident was verified by the District Administration, Police, ZBCC Executives and the general public. Cash and properties amounting to approximately Rs. 12,25,200/- were lost and destroyed in the unfortunate incident.
In this connection, Old Jalukie Village G.B. lodged an FIR to the Officer-in-charge of Peren Police Station and has also written to the Administration through ADC Jalukie to extend instant relief to the Church under Disaster Management Fund or any other related fund with adequate compensation to construct a new place of worship for the villagers.