Kohima, August 15: Nagaland today joined the rest of the country in celebrating the 73rd Independence Day with Chief Minister Neiphiu Rio unfurling the National Tri-Color at Secretariat Plaza in Kohima.
Addressing the people, Chief Minister said his government is keeping the welfare of the people at the core of its agenda and is creating systems and devising mechanism to protect people’s rights and entitlements. Rio said since Statehood, Nagaland has made commendable achievements in every field which has improved the quality of life of the people. Reiterating that the government’s commitment to the Naga political issues will continue to occupy top priority on the government agenda, Rio expressed confidence that the appointment of RN Ravi as Governor of Nagaland will further strengthen and expedite the political negotiations. On the occasion, the Chief Minister also presented meritorious awards to the various personalities of the state from different fields. CM Rio launched the Common Scholarship portal of Nagaland.
CM Neiphiu Rio’s speech highlights on 73rd Independence Day Celebration.
Good governance & people’s welfare
- Nagaland Lokayukta and Upa Lokayukta established to tackle corruption, ensure fair play and Justice.
- State Vigilance Commission merged with Lokayukta.
- Creating systems and devising mechanisms to protect Nagas and safeguard their rights and entitlements.
- Extent Inner Line Permit (ILP) regime to Dimapur.
- Create register of indigenous inhabitant of Nagaland (RIIN) to identify indigenous inhabitants.
- Committee set up to compile all customary practices and usages
- Three member Commission constituted to look into all issues concerning RIIN.
Students welfare – Fortifying education system.
- Release of grants, distribution of free textbooks, uniforms and mid day meals in all government schools.
- Providing assistive devices/hearing aids, spectacles, Braille books and curriculum adaptation for children with special needs.
- Digital tablets for government school students in Kiphire, (Aspirational District) to enhance learning.
- Participation in the Prime Minister’s Pariksha pe Charcha and young scientist program organised by the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO).
- Rashtriya uchchtar Shiksha Abhiyan (RUSA)
-Digital launch of the administrative and academic building of new model Degree College at Wakching, Mon, by the Honorable Prime Minister of India.
-Atmospheric Science Research Centre at Kohima Science College Jotsoma
-3 new colleges and upgradation of existing infrastructure and construction of girl’s hostels.
- Tech fest Nagaland 2019 for showcasing models, web designing, Robotics, gaming etc.
- Ex -gratia payments for students studying outside the state .
- Special Cell for all students’ scholarship to be functional.
Police and security agencies: Efforts towards enhancing efficiency and capabilities
- Multi-storied Barrack for 300 constable trainees at PTS Chumukedima.
- New office of the Inspector General of Police INT at Kohima .
- Upgraded Police communication system of Dimapur.
- Cyber crime prevention against women and children laboratory at Police Training School Chumukedima
- Special Task Force comprising of 6 platoons for containing Anti -Social activities and operational exigencies of the state.
- Ongoing efforts for further modernization and up-gradation of village guard organisation.
Quality Health Care – Strengthening health systems
- 55 public hospitals and 5 private hospitals empanelled under Ayushman Bharat scheme.
- 76,663 e-cards issued and benefits worth over Rs. 1 crore availed by beneficiaries till June, 2019.
- First ever “World Food Safety Day” held world food safety day held.
Upgraded State Public Health laboratory (SPHL) for sophisticated Technologies.
- Excellence in addressing health issues through programs like:
-National tobacco Control Programme (NTCP)
-Universal immunization programme (UIP)
-Measles rubella vaccination campaign
-Intensified pulse polio immunization (IPPI)
Modernising Agriculture and Rural Development:
- Adoption of organic policy to boost organic farming.
- Construction of organic air-conditioned market at Dimapur to facilitate agriculture marketing.
- Employment to 3.86 lakhs thousands covering 4.17 lakh individuals through MGNREGS.
- Direct benefit transfer (DBT) covering all the Rural Development Blocks with banking facilities.
- Efforts to provide banking facilities in all unbanked blocks.
- National recognition commendation for outstanding performance in NRLM SHG Bank linkage.
Scaling up Connectivity- roads & transport
- 48 projects under special road development programme (SRDP) completed.
- 5 works with the total length of 64.00 km in progress under NABARD.
- 4 roads for upgradation under the North East Road Sector Development Scheme (NERSDS) sanctioned under NEC.
- Flying hours of the state Helicopter Service enhanced from 480 hrs to 1200 hrs.
- Additional helicopter service introduced; now covering a total of 19 routes.
- 39 free passes, for travelling in the Dept’s buses, issued to persons with Disabilities (PwDs).
Technology & Digitisation of Nagaland for efficiency and transparency
- Software technology park of India (STPI) Kohima encourage local entrepreneurs to set up software companies and promote Software Exports from the state.
- MOU signed with e-governance Academy of Estonia for setting up e-governance Academy of Nagaland (e-GAN)
- 100% digitisation of national food security act 2013 (NFSA) beneficiaries.
- Integrated management public distribution system (IM-PDS) implemented.
- Digitalisation of all jails.
Towards a clean and green Nagaland
- 2,085 hectares of plantation.
- German Grant-in-aid for biodiversity management project launched.
- Ban on plastic poly bags in nurseries.
- More than 120 biodiversity management committees at village level.
Urban transformation – AMRUT
- Project for water supply in Dimapur and drainages in Kohima.
- SHGs given assistance in all district HQs
- 3 major unfinished projects resumed at Kohima; 2 multi -level vehicle parking and construction of cultural hall under Kohima Smart City.
New and Renewable energy
- 100kW solar power plant at Nagaland civil Secretariat and at Mini secretariat, Pughoboto.
- Solar power plants project under Jawaharlal Nehru National Solar Mission (JNNDM) for school education, in primary and Middle schools, with cumulative capacity of 1305 KW at 355 locations.
- 283 project sites completed, remaining 72 project sites under construction.
Reforming Power and Water Sector
- 100% rural household electrification achieved under the saubhagya flagship programme.
- IT enablement covering metering billing and collection completed in 9 towns.
- Integrated power development scheme in 12 towns covering 11 districts HQs and Chumukedima town to ensure quality power supply.
- 5 MVA,33/1 kv sub-station at IG stadium, Kohima.
- “Green Village Initiative” awareness programs in 85 villages to showcase and educate the people on Energy conservation and its efficient use.
- Augmentation of water supply to Kohima, Wokha and Mokokchung district completed.
Thrust on Entrepreneurship and Startup
- State startup policy
- 500 new innovative Enterprises targeted for promotion in the next 5 years
- Incubator Institutions for startups :
-Nagaland tool room and training centre Dimapur
-National Institute of technology, Dimapur
-Science college Kohima
- Marketing sheds at International border Trade Centre to promote trade between Indo-Myanmar.
- Funds under Chief Minister’s Corpus fund for project on “Plastic Free Nagaland“.
- Financial assistance to 129 beneficiaries provided for setting up self-employment projects.
- Local area development programme (LADP) amount enhanced for one iconic project in each district HQ.
- District Industries centres (DICs) to be entrepreneurship development centres (EDCs) with state of the art IT Infrastructure.
- EDCs to facilitate entrepreneurship development to convert unemployed youth from job seekers to job creators.
Soft Power Tourism and Art
- Successful celebration of Mini Hornbill tribal festivals.
- Development of integrated theme based travel circuits under Swadesh Darshan scheme, in a phase wise manner.
- Tours to the holy land and pilgrimages soon to be organised.
- Hornbill International photo fest (HIPFEST) organised to promote the works of upcoming Naga photographers and filmmakers.
- Photo exhibition during Republic Day 2019 and the GLOCAL international film festival during the Hornbill festival through public-private partnership.
Development of sports and youth activities for excellence
- U-15 girls team, first ever girls’ football team from Nagaland, represented India in 2019 Gothia Cup, Sweden.
- State’s first Astro Turf at Nagaland inaugurated.
- Partner with Bhaichung Bhutia football schools to promote and develop football at all levels.
- Music Task Force rebranded to Task Force for Music and Arts (TaFMA) to broaden its scope.
- Open house a state-wide Music program aimed at identifying talents in the grass roots, launched from Mon.
- New ventures for supporting arts and the artiste’s community on the anvil.