Nagaland

5 Houses Gutted by Fire at Longleng & Mon; Property worth Rs 45 lakhs Lost

The Fire & Emergency Services informed that two houses at Longleng and three houses at Mon were gutted in fire incidents and property worth Rs 45 lakhs were lost in the inferno.

Kohima, April 08 (NEx): The Fire & Emergency Services informed that two houses at Longleng and three houses at Mon were gutted in fire incidents and property worth Rs 45 lakhs were lost in the inferno.

Two houses gutted at Longleng:

(Fire tenders fighting fire at Longleng On April 7th, 2021)

The R.O (E) (F&ES), Kenny Khing informed today that a fire call was received at 12:34 AM on April 7th, 2021 from Chingong, Yongnyah Village, Longleng.

Fire & Emergency Services team from Fire Station Longleng proceeded to control the fire. Two Fire Tenders and one Pickup along with sufficient equipments & Fire Personnel were pressed into action, Khing said.

Seven Rooms and two Kitchens along with Anganwadi Centre were gutted in the inferno and property worth ₹15 Lakhs were lost. F our persons got minor injuries from the fire.

The RO added that Fire Incident site was 29km away from Fire Station, however, due to intervention of Firefighters, the fire was controlled and prevented from spreading further. Property worth ₹7 Lakhs and surrounding houses could be salvaged and it took the Fire Team 50 Minutes to combat the fire.

Khing further reported that the cause of fire could not be ascertained while filling the report and Fire response team was led by Duty Commander SI C. Lamthai Khiamniungan and ASI Keneisazo Chadi.

Three houses gutted at Mon:

(Fire tenders fighting the fire at Mon On April 6th, 2021)

The RO informed of another fire incident at Mon. He said that F&ES received a fire call at 10:46pm on April 6th, 2021 from Tangnyu Village, Mon.

Fire & Emergency Services team from Fire Station Mon proceeded to control the fire and two Fire Tenders along with sufficient equipments & Fire Personnel were pressed into action.

One Guest house, one Kitchen and one Katcha house were gutted in the inferno and property worth ₹30 Lakhs was lost, but due to timely information and intervention of Fire personnel, the fire was controlled and prevented from spreading further, Khing said.

The cause of fire is suspected to be from electrical short circuit. Fire response team was led by Duty Commander ASI Razoukuolie Kiewhuo.