Kohima, March 16 (NE): Detection of travel related/unrelated suspect case of novel Coronavirus disease (COVID19) will be followed by Rapid isolation of such cases in designated health facilities and line listing of all contacts of such cases. The quarantine is applicable to all such contacts of a suspect or confirmed case of COVID19, according to the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, GoI.
This intervention will be limited to the initial phase of India reporting only
– Travel related cases
– Focal clusters arising from a travel-related/unrelated case where cluster containment strategy is adopted -persons coming from COVID19 affected areas where local and community transmission is evident.
Instructions for contacts being home quarantined:
– Stay in a well ventilated single room preferably with an attached/separate toilet. If another member need to stay in the same room, it is advisable to maintain a distance of atleast one meter between the two.
– Restrict his/ her movement within the house. Under no circumstances attend any social religious gathering, example wedding, funerals.
He/she should also follow the under mentioned public health measures at all times:
– Wash hand as often thoroughly with soap and water or with alcohol based hand sanitizer.
– Avoid sharing household items example dishes, drinking glasses, cups eating utensils, towels, bedding or other items with other people at home.
– Wear a surgical mask at all times. The Mask should be changed every 6 to 8 hours and disposed off. Disposable masks are never to be reused.
– Masks used by patients/caregivers/ close contacts during home care should be disinfected using ordinary bleach ordinary bleach solution (5%) sodium hypochlorite solution (1%) and then dispose off either by burning or burial.
– Used mask should be should be considered as potentially infected.
– If symptoms appear (cough/ fever/ difficulty in breathing) he/she should immediately inform the nearest Health Centre or Call 011 2397 8046
Instructions for the family members of persons being home quarantined:
– Only an assigned family member should be tasked with taking care of such person.
– Avoid shaking the soiled linen or direct contact with skin.
– Use disposable gloves when cleaning the surfaces for handling soiled linen.
– Wash hands after removing gloves.
– Visitors should not be allowed.
– In case the person being quarantined becomes symptomatic, all his close contacts will be home quarantined (for 14 days) and followed up for an additional 14 days or till the report comes out negative on lab testing.